CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 2, 2013

Welcome Back to School

What a wonderful first week of school!
I am so excited about such a wonderful group of kids. This week I found out that I have a big group of avid readers. We learned 3 of the 5 rounds of Daily 5. I have never had a group take to our stamina practice and so eager before. I'm so excited about what this means for our Language Arts time: more reading and writing, more time for small groups and individual instruction. This week I will begin my beginning of the year Reading Assessment/Records.
We also began our Flipped learning in Math. We set up our math journals and began watching some of the videos that were made by Mrs. Trevino, another RCE 2nd grade teacher. We learned how to take notes while the video was playing, that we could pause and rewind the video when needed, and how to record our questions. We will continue this learning over the next couple of weeks before we begin the videos for homework.
I'm looking forward to a fabulous year!
Don't forget about the parent coffee on Wednesday, Sept 4th 8:15-9:30

0 comments:

Post a Comment